by Boehringer Ingelheim
Works to relieve multiple symptoms of reversible airway conditions in horses. Enhances clearance of mucus from the airways. Only FDA-approved oral bronchodilator for horses. Provides optimum level of treatment with treat-to-effect dose schedule. Palatable, safe and effective.
is a colorless, palatable syrup. Clenbuterol (4-amino-alpha-((tert-butylamino) methyl)-3,5-dichlorobenzyl alcohol hydrochloride), a beta-2-adrenergic agonist, provides bronchodilating properties with minimum effect on the cardiovascular system.
- Only FDA-approved solution for reversible respiratory problems.
- Treat-to-effect dose schedule provides optimum level of treatment.
- Duration of effect from 6 to 8 hours.
- Colorless, palatable syrup provides for easy oral administration.
- Relieves reversible bronchospasm arising from a variety of respiratory conditions.
- Increases mucous secretions for improved airway resistance.
- Improves mucociliary transport by decreasing thickness of mucous.
Only FDA-approved treatment to relieve reversible bronchospasm from respiratory conditions such as allergy induced respiratory distress, small airway disease or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Dosage & Administration
Remove safety cap and seal; replace with enclosed dispensing cap. Connect syringe (without needle) to dispensing tip and draw out appropriate volume of Ventipulmin¬ Syrup (clenbuterol hydrochloride). Administer to horse orally twice a day (b.i.d.). Initial dose is 0.5 mL/100 lbs body weight (0.8 mcg/kg) twice daily. See package insert for complete dosage schedule. Recommended duration of treatment at effective dose is 30 days. At end of 30-day treatment period, drug should be withdrawn to determine recurrence of signs. If signs return, repeat 30-day treatment regimen.
Store at controlled room temperature (15-30¬∞C) 59-86¬∞F. Avoid freezing. The safety cap should be placed on the bottle when not in use. Ventipulmin Syrup should not be used in pregnant mares near term or in horses suspected of having cardiovascular impairment.
Ventipulmin Syrup (clenbuterol hydrochloride) is indicated for management of horses affected with airway obstruction, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).