Normosol-R Electrolyte Bag
|RX required for this item.
Click here for our full Prescription Policy and Form
Sterile balanced solution of electrolytes in water for injection.
Administration by IV for acute loss of extracellular fluid.
- is a sterile, nonpyrogenic, isotonic solution for parenteral fluid and electrolyte replenishment.
- is a solution of balanced electrolytes in water for injection.
- is administered by intravenous infusion for parenteral replacement of acute losses of extracellular fluids.
- is indicated for replacement of acute extracellular fluid volume losses in surgery, trauma, burns or shock.
- can also be used as an adjunct to restore a decrease in circulatory volume in patients with moderate blood loss.
DirectionsDosage and Administration: Normosol-R is administered by intravenous infusion. It may also be administered subcutaneously. The amount to be infused is based on replacement of losses of extracellular fluid volume in the individual patient.
Instruction For Use:
To Open Tear outer wrap at notch and remove solution container. Some opacity of the plastic due to moisture absorption during the sterilization process may be observed. This is normal and does not affect the solution quality or safety. The opacity will diminish gradually. If supplemental medication is desired, follow directions below before preparing for administration.
To Add Medication
1. Prepare additive port.
2. Using aseptic technique and an additive delivery needle of appropriate length, puncture resealable additive port at target area, inner diaphragm and inject. Withdraw needle after injecting medication.
3. The additive port may be protected by covering with an additive cap.
4. Mix container contents thoroughly.
1. Attach administration set per manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Regulate rate of administration per institutional policy.
WARNING: DO NOT USE FLEXIBLE CONTAINER IN SERIES CONNECTIONS.