RTD is an effective wound dressing that performs well over a broad spectrum of infected wounds.
RTD has been tested against various microbes. The following
organisms were tested by a nationally prominent microbiology laboratory.
The log reduction to the base 10 over time is shown in parenthesis:
- Staphylococcus aureus MRSA (>5.74, 24hrs)
- Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci, VRE (>2.2, 48 hrs)
- Staphylococcus Aureus (>4.59, 24hrs)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (>4.33, 24hrs)
- Escherichia coli (>3.21, 24hrs)
- Salmonella cholerasuis (>3.73, 24hrs)
- Clostridium sporogenes (2.37, 48hrs)
- Bacillus subtilis (2.81, 24hrs)
- Aspergillus niger (>3.51, 24hrs)
- Candida albicans (>3.54, 24hrs)