Wound Dressing RTD
- Pads can be cut to wound size.
- 1 pad = 4" x 5" x 1/4"
- A highly absorbent, soft, dry wound conforming
- Medical grade polyether/polyurethane foam dressing
- Infused with three antimicrobial agents to encourage an optimal healing environment
- For moderate to heavy exudating, partial to full thickness wounds including lacerations, skin tears, and surgical wounds
- Pads can be cut to wound size
- Foam is dry, soft, pliable and surface conforming
- Antibaterial, antifungal, and analgesic.
- Easy to use.
- Comfortable, pliable, and surface conforming.
- Patented foam dressing keeps wound clean, moist, and highly absorbants
- Removes exudate and promotes optimal wound healing
- Allows for easy removal
- Cost effective – Minimal staff time. Can be changed as infrequently as every 3 day.
- Proven efficacy with difficult cases
- Silver (Ag+) ion is released in proportion to the amount of exudate present. Silver (Ag+) attacks and damages bacteria present in the wound.
- Gentian Violet (GV) is an effective anti-microbial and anti-fungal compound. GV is also responsible for the analgesic effects experienced by the patient.
- Methylene Blue (MB) is strongly bound to the foam matrix. It will not penetrate viable cells, but has a strong affinity for negatively charged proteins found in exudate components. MB pulls the protein rich exudate components to the foam via capillary action and adsorbs negatively charged bacteria. The result is less bioburden to the wound bed which leads to a better healing environment.
by GWM Products
RTD is an effective wound dressing that performs well over a broad spectrum of infected wounds.
RTD has been tested against various microbes. The following organisms were tested by a nationally prominent microbiology laboratory. The log reduction to the base 10 over time is shown in parenthesis:
- Staphylococcus aureus MRSA (>5.74, 24hrs)
- Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci, VRE (>2.2, 48 hrs)
- Staphylococcus Aureus (>4.59, 24hrs)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (>4.33, 24hrs)
- Escherichia coli (>3.21, 24hrs)
- Salmonella cholerasuis (>3.73, 24hrs)
- Clostridium sporogenes (2.37, 48hrs)
- Bacillus subtilis (2.81, 24hrs)
- Aspergillus niger (>3.51, 24hrs)
- Candida albicans (>3.54, 24hrs)