Sterile Gauze Rolls
- Contains PHMB (Polyhexamethylene Biguanide).
- Resists bacterial colonization within the dressing.
- Reduces bacterial penetration through the dressing.
- Broad-spectrum effectiveness provides protection against gram negative, gram positive, and fungi/yeast microorganisms including MRSA and VRE.
- Primary Bacterial Barrier
- Secondary Layer
The rolls are impregnated with PHMB (polyhexamethylene biguanide), a powerful yet safe antiseptic that has a broad range effectiveness against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms including some multi-drug resistant strains such as MRSA. In addition to antimicrobial capabilities, the gauze rolls provide fast-wicking action, superior aeration, and excellent absorbency.
Why Kendall Sterile Gauze Rolls?
- Highly effective against most organisms. Limits cross-contamination from patient to patient, patient to clinician, and patient to the environment.
- Helps prevent infections from growing and spreading in the dressing.
- Helps minimize infection exposure from strike through.
- Helps reduce risk of hospital acquired infections.
- Antimicrobial dressings work as a contact kill and maintain log counts in the wound without negative impact to wound healing.
- Antimicrobial dressings work to limit cross-contamination by significantly reducing bacterial growth in the pooling layer.
- Can be used as a primary dressing to help protect against infection
- Can be uses as a secondary dressing to prevent bacterial penetration through and bacterial growth within the dressing
No change to clinical protocol - use as you would a standard KERLIX™ dressing