Centaura Insect Repellent
Unique, non-aerosol spray works at any angle
- handy 15oz size
- just press on the nozzle for a consistent continuous spray
- sprays all around your horse, including under the belly and inside the legs
- quiet, easy and efficient operation
- ORM - Must ship ground only.
The only insect repellent for both horse and rider registered by the EPA in the USA, and the only one with Picaridin.
What is Picaridin and how does it work:
Picaridin works like a vapor barrier...the repellent evaporates from the skin into the air forming a layer of scent that interferes with the insect's blood-seeking attractant mechanisms. The scent camouflages the attractants emitted by the human and equine host; therefore, the insect cannot find the host because it cannot smell it!
12 hour protection!
For horse: long-lasting, 12 hour effective protection from flies and mosquitoes
For riders: long-lasting, 12 hour effective protection from mosquitoes and ticks including mosquitoes carrying West Nile Virus. Repels biting flies, gnats, chiggers and sand flies for 8 hours.
- can be used on all breeds of horses
- use with confidence on the whole family, including young riders
- not oily, greasy or sticky
- pleasant fragrance
- won't damage saddle, bridle, plastic or other synthetic materials
CENTAURA™ INSECT REPELLENT FOR HORSE AND RIDER
PROTECTS HORSE and RIDER
12 HOUR PROTECTION FROM FLIES, MOSQUITOES AND TICKS
USE WITH CONFIDENCE ON THE WHOLE FAMILY
Picaridin*, 1-Methylpropyl-2-(2-hydroxyethyl) -1-piperidine carboxylate
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
HORSE: Long-lasting, 12 hour effective protection from flies and mosquitoes. Won’t damage saddle or bridle.
RIDER: Long-lasting, 12 hour effective protection from mosquitoes and ticks including mosquitoes carrying West Nile Virus. Repels biting flies, stable flies, black flies, gnats, chiggers and sand flies for up to 8 hours. Won’t damage plastics or other synthetic materials.
STOP - READ THIS ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE USE
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Follow these guidelines when applying Centaura™ Insect Repellent for Horse and Rider.
Horse and Rider:
• Hold 4-6 inches from body while spraying, keeping nozzle pointed away from face. Slightly moisten skin or hair coat with a slow sweeping motion.
• Excessive amounts or frequent reapplication is unnecessary.
• Do not spray directly on face.
• Apply on face by first spraying small amounts in palms of hands and spreading on face and neck, avoiding eyes.
• Do not apply to the hands of small children.
• When using on children, apply to your hands and then apply it to your child. Do not apply to their hands. To apply to a child’s face and neck, apply the product into your hands and apply to the child. Take care to avoid mouth and eyes and apply sparingly around ears. Do not allow children to handle the product.
• Avoid contact with lips, cuts, wounds, or irritated skin.
• Do not apply to excessively sunburned skin.
• Do not exceed two applications per day.
HORSE: Not for use on horses intended for human consumption. Do not apply under the saddle.
RIDER: Do not apply under clothing. Apply sparingly around ears.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND HORSES
CAUTION: Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. Causes moderate eye irritation. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling, returning indoors, and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco.
The information below describes the first aid procedures for incidents involving Centaura™ Insect Repellent for Horse and Rider:
IF IN EYES
• Hold eye open and rinse gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
• Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first five minutes, then continue rinsing.
• Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
• Call a physician or poison control center immediately for treatment advice.
• Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
• Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a Poison Control Center or a doctor.
• Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
In case of emergency call: 800-234-2269
Flammable. Do not use or store near heat sources, sparks or open flame. Do not smoke while applying.
STORAGE & DISPOSAL
Store in a cool, dry place out of the reach of children. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. Container is under pressure. Protect product container from direct sunlight and from temperatures above 122°F (50°C). IF EMPTY: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. IF PARTLY FILLED: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Buyer assumes all risk of use, storage or handling of this product not in strict accordance with directions given herein.
Manufactured for: FARNAM COMPANIES, INC., Horse Products Division, P.O. Box 34820, Phoenix, AZ 85067-4820
In case of emergency or for product use information, call 800-234-2269
EPA Reg. No. 85972-1-270
EPA Est. No. 11623-GA-3
©2011, 2012 Farnam Companies, Inc.
Centaura, the Centaura design, Farnam and Farnam with design are trademarks of Farnam Companies, Inc. Saltidin is a registered trademark of Saltigo GmbH, Limited Liability Company.
15 fl. oz. (443.6 ml)