Quiessence® is a Magnesium and Chromium formula designed to support calm, balanced behavior in equines. It may also help animals who are cresty-necked to reduce the crest, and may help reduce the tendency to founder by supporting normal glucose metabolism and increasing peripheral circulation. Quiessence® is natural and legal, with no known side effects.
Quiessence® provides 5g Magnesium (4g from Magnesium Oxide, and 1g from Chelated Magnesium), and 1.25mg of Chromium Piccolinate per 1 ounce measure in a palatable, pelleted base of distiller's grains.
Directions for Use: Administer 1oz per 250lbs. body weight per day to start. Drop to ½ oz per 250lbs body weight per day when improvement is evident. Adjust accordingly for different body weights and results.
Horses that may benefit:
- Horses with obesity problems
- Easy keepers on a hay only diet
- Horses whose main diet consists of preserved and processed feed stuff
- Horses grazing land known to be low in magnesium
- Horses grazing on acid soils
- Horses who have problems gaining or maintaining weight
- Horses prone to or at risk for founder
- Horses prone to cresty necks
- Horses with nerve conditions
- Nervous, tense horses that show an inability to learn and concentrate
- Horses with tight tense muscles that are slow to warm up and have sore or tight backs
Is your horse at risk for Magnesium deficiency?
Magnesium deficiency usually shows as nervousness, muscular tension, inability to relax, irritability, hyper-sensitivity to touch or sounds, and poor memory retention. Some causes of Magnesium deficiencies:
- Equine diets are often low in Magnesium, especially if the animal is in work, kept in stables, and fed preserved, processed foodstuffs.
- High stress lifestyles lead to an increased need for Magnesium.
- Areas with acid soils and soft water may not provide enough Magnesium in water and soil.
- A diet high in alfalfa hay may require more Magnesium to balance the Calcium-to-Magnesium ratio.