Equine Thyroid Supplement
- Veterinarian Prescription (Rx) Required
- Free Shipping on orders over $75
- Levothyroxine Sodium for use in horses
|RX required for this item.
Click here for our full Prescription Policy and Form
- Palatable, flavored with sweet apple and molasses for managing hypothyroidism where thyroid replacement therapy is indicated
- Horse will consume entire administrated dose
- Save money, no waste
- Improved dosage consumption increases success
- Easily sprinkle granules on feed
- Convenient and quick
- Formulation is slightly tacky, so granules readily adhere to the horse's feed
- Includes a 5.5 gram precision dosing scoop for accurate dosing
- Each level scoop delivers approximately 12mg of T4
- Simple to individualize and adjust the dosage for each horse
100% PALATABILITY ACCEPTANCE
For Use in Horses Only
CAUTION: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Indications: For use in horses for correction of conditions associated with low circulating thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism).
Dosage: The suggested initial dosage is 0.5 to 3.0 mg levothyroxine sodium (T-4) per 100 pounds of body weight (1 to 6 mg per 100 kg) once per day or in divided doses. Response to the administration of Pala-Tech™ Equine Thyroid Supplement (Levothyroxine Sodium, USP) should be evaluated clinically until an adequate maintenance dose is established. In most horses, this is usually in the range of 6 to 36 mg total daily dose of T-4. Serum T-3 and T-4 values can vary greatly among individual horses on thyroid supplementation. Dosages should be individualized and animals should be monitored daily for clinical signs of hyperthyroidism or hypersensitivity.
Administration: A 5.5 gram scoop is enclosed in the container. Measure out the prescribed dose and administer by mixing the daily dose in the concentrate or by top dressing on grain, preferably rolled or ground.
Levothyroxine Sodium, USP
(1.0 gram per 454 grams of product)
Inactive Ingredients: Sweet Apple & Molasses Flavoring, Propylene Glycol, Soybean Oil, Sucrose, Whey.
One level scoop (approx. 5.5 grams) delivers approximately 12 mg of T4 (Levothyroxine Sodium, USP).
Precaution: Administer with caution to animals with clinically significant heart disease, hypertension or other complications for which a sharply increased metabolic rate might prove hazardous. Use in pregnant mares has not been evaluated.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Store at room temperature; 15°C-30°C (59°F-86°F) and protect from light. Avoid excessive heat.
Manufactured for: Pala-Tech™ Laboratories, Inc.
The Science of Palatability™
©2011 Pala-Tech™ Laboratories, Inc.
Made in the U.S.A.
454 grams (1 pound)
4,540 grams (10 pounds)
NAC No.: 10680071