SETTLE Single Dose
This product qualifies for quantity discount pricing.
|Quantity||Per Item Discount|
Settle - mycobacterium Cell Wall Fraction Immunostimulant.
Single Dose vial is 1.5 ml. Increases conception rates by 40%. For IV or Intrauterine use only.
Why Settle Injection for Horses?
Because it is recommended as an aid in the treatment of equine endometritis caused by Streptococcus zooepidemicus.
When is the most best time to administer?
When opportunity for uterine infection and endometritis is greatest. Refer to product documention for specific direction on when and how to administer SETTLE.
- At the diagnosis of uterine infection & while waiting for more test results
- In conjunction with local or systemic antibiotic treatments
- The day after foaling (or at the first sign of estrus) in known endometritis susceptible mares or recognized as difficult breeders
- At time of retained placenta removal (and/or at the first heat of mares with history of retained placenta or delayed expulsion)
- The day after foaling (or at first natural heat) in mares with poor reproductive tract conformation
- At diagnosis of uterine inflammation or poor involution
- At the time of natural breeding or artificial inseminationª
- Immediately prior to shipping mares for breeding to expensive stallions
- The day after foaling to ensure earlier uterine health, facilitate earlier breeding when mares are late in the season or to increase conception at the foal heat
Administer 1.5ml by intrauterine instillation with a sterile catheter or by intravenous injection into the jugular vein during early estrus period. Treatment may be repeated at subsequent natural or induced estrus periods.
Because this is a cooler item, it must Ship OVERNIGHT Delivery to insure the integrity of the product. This items ships in a styrofoam cooler with ice packs on Monday-Thursdays (on orders placed before 2:00p.m.)
Click here for our Vaccine Shipping Schedule.
Bioniche Animal Health
MYCOBACTERIUM CELL WALL FRACTION IMMUNOSTIMULANT
For use by or under the direction of a licensed veterinarian
For intravenous / intrauterine use only
Indications: Recommended as an aid in the treatment of equine endometritis caused by Streptococcus zooepidemicus.
Dosage & Administration: Administer 1.5 ml by intrauterine instillation with a sterile catheter or by intravenous injection into the jugular vein during the early estrus period. Treatment may be repeated at subsequent natural or induced estrus periods.
Intravenous: Administer 1.5ml of SETTLE by intravenous injection into the jugular vein during the early estrus. Use strict aseptic technique.
Intrauterine: Administer 1.5ml by intrauterine instillation using strict aseptic technique. Dilute 1.5ml of SETTLE in sterile lactated ringers, normal saline, water for injection or semen extender to provide an approximate final volume of 25-50ml. Aseptically administer the diluted solution into the uterus using a sterile catheter.
CAUTION: Store at 2°-7°C. (35°-45°F). Do not freeze. Mix thoroughly before injecting. Use entire contents when first opened. Contains gentamicin as preservative. Do not administer within 21 days of slaughter. If anaphylaxis occurs, administer epinephrine or equivalent. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
Contra-indications: Cortisone reduces the production of interleukin-1 (IL-1). Mares being treated with corticosteroids or ACTH may not respond to SETTLE therapy.
Product Description: SETTLE is an emulsion of purified mycobacterium cell walls that have been extracted by a process that reduces their toxic and allergic effects. SETTLE enhances the innate humoral immune responses by activating macrophages and stimulating the cloning of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN). These activated phagocytic cells stimulate a cytokine cascade that results in the destruction of bacteria, such as Streptococcus zooepidemicus.
Side Effects: Mild fever, drowsiness, and decreased appetite may occur for 1 to 2 days following intravenous injection. These are normal responses to the release of IL-1. An elevated body temperature enhances the immune function by stimulating leukocyte activity and thus is not an adverse side effect.
How supplied: SETTLE is available in cartons containing 6 x 1.5ml single dose vials.
Manufactured by: Bioniche Animal Health USA, Inc., Athens, GA 30601
U.S. Vet. Lic. No. 289
(706) 549-4503NAC No.: 1107010.0