- Vet Prescription (Rx) Required
- Free Shipping on orders over $75
- Low Price Match Guarantee
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate
- Used for post-surgical lavage of synovial compartments
|RX required for this item.
Click here for our full Prescription Policy and Form
Polyglycan® Sterile Solution is a commercially available patented formulation of hyaluronic acid, sodium chondroitin sulfate and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine used for post-surgical lavage of synovial compartments.
Why Polyglycan for Horses?
- patented formulation designed to replace synovial fluid lost during surgery.
- contains naturally occurring components of synovia that play a central role in maintaining the homeostatic environment of the joint.
Composition: Highly viscous aqueous solution of defined fractions of purified Hyaluronic acid, Chondroitin sulfates C4 & C6 in a 10% solution of N-acetyl-D-glucosamine.
|Each 10 mL vial contains:|
|Hyaluronic acid sodium salt||50.0 mg|
|Sodium chondroitin sulfate||1000 mg|
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Do not freeze.
Properties: Glucosaminoglycans are important components of all extracellular tissue structures including cartilage and synovial fluid. The active components in Polyglycan exhibit viscoelastic and polyionic properties similar in nature to synovial fluid. Introducing Polyglycan into the synovial space as a post-surgical lavage and fluid replacement will assist in the normalization of the joint following arthrotomy.
Directions: Install this medical device as the final lavage prior to the surgical closure of the joint space. Quantity to be determined by Veterinary Surgeon. Discard any unused portion of vial contents.
Warning: Do not administer to animals that are to be slaughtered for use in food. Keep out of reach of children.