This product qualifies for quantity discount pricing.
|Quantity||Per Item Discount|
Free Shipping on cooler order over $500
Low Price Match Guarantee
ACTIONS: Penicillin G is an effective bactericide in the treatment of infections caused primarily by penicillin-sensitive organisms, such as Streptococcus equi and Erysipelothrix insidiosa, as well as the gram negative organism Pasteurella multocida.
INDICATIONS: Penicillin G Procaine is indicated for the treatment of:
- Cattle and sheep - bacterial pneumonia (shipping fever) caused by Pasteurella multocida.
- Swine - erysipelas caused by Erysipelothrix insidiosa.
- Horses - strangles caused by Streptococcus equi.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Restricted Drug (California) - Use Only as Directed.
The suspension should be administered by deep intramuscular injection within the fleshy muscles of the hip, rump, round or thigh, or into the neck, changing the site for each injection. Do not inject subcutaneously, into a blood vessel, or near a major nerve.
Use a 16 or 18 gauge needle, 1.5 inches long. The needle and syringe should be washed thoroughly before use. The needle and syringe should then be sterilized by placing in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes.Daily treatment should be continued for at least 48 hours after temperature has returned to normal and all other signs of infection have subsided. Animals treated with Penicillin G Procaine Injectable Suspension should show noticeable improvement within 36 to 48 hours.
DOSAGE: The dosage for cattle, sheep, swine, and horses is 3000 units per pound of body weight, or 1.0 mL for each 100 pounds of body weight, once daily. Treatment should not exceed 7 days in non-lactating dairy and beef cattle, sheep, and swine, or 5 days in lactating dairy cattle. If no improvement is observed within 48 hours, consult your veterinarian.
Long Acting Penicillin - This is a 48 hour penicillin that should be given sub-cutaneously at 2cc per 150 lbs body weight.
INDICATIONS: Pen BP-48® is indicated for treatment of the following bacterial infections in beef cattle due to penicillin-susceptible microorganisms that are susceptible to the serum levels common to this particular dosage form, such as:
- Bacterial Pneumonia (shipping fever complex) (Streptococcus spp., Corynebacterium pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus)
- Upper Respiratory Infections such as Rhinitis or Pharyngitis (Corynebacterium pyogenes)
- Blackleg (Clostridium chauvoei)
- FAST ACTING: Noticeable improvement within 24 to 48 hours
- LONG LASTING: Extended period of activity compared to penicillin G procaine alone
- SQ ADMINISTRATION: As recommended by Beef Quality Assurance
- FDA approved
Because this is a cooler item, it must Ship OVERNIGHT Delivery to insure the integrity of the product. This items ships in a styrofoam cooler with ice packs on Monday-Thursdays (on orders placed before 2:00p.m.)
Click here for our Vaccine Shipping Schedule.