|RX required for this item.
Click here for our full Prescription Policy and Form
Spironolactone is indicated in the management of:
Primary hyperaldosteronism for:
- Establishing the diagnosis of primary hyperaldosteronism by therapeutic trial.
- Short-term preoperative treatment of patients with primary hyperaldosteronism.
- Long-term maintenance therapy for patients with discrete aldosterone-producing adrenal adenomas who are judged to be poor operative risks or who decline surgery.
- Long-term maintenance therapy for patients with bilateral micro- or macronodular adrenalhyperplasia (idiopathic hyperaldosteronism).
Edematous conditionsfor patients with:
- Congestive heart failure: For the management of edema and sodium retention when the patient is only partially responsive to, or is intolerant of, other therapeutic measures. Spironolactone is also indicated for patients with congestive heart failure taking digitalis when other therapies are considered inappropriate.
- The nephrotic syndrome: For nephrotic patients when treatment of the underlying disease,restriction of fluid and sodium intake, and the use of other diuretics do not provide an adequate response.
- Usually in combination with other drugs, spironolactone is indicated for patients who cannot be treated adequately with other agents or for whom other agents are considered inappropriate.
For the treatment of patients with hypokalemia when other measures are considered inappropriate or inadequate. Spironolactone is also indicated for the prophylaxis of hypokalemia in patients taking digitalis when other measures are considered inadequate or inappropriate.
Product displayed may not be actual product available at time of order