- Veterinarian Prescription (Rx) Required
- Free Shipping
- Low Price Match Guarantee
- 25 mg/mL, 4 mL Vial
- Percorten-V Injectable Suspension
- (desoxycorticosterone pivalate)
- New Lower Pricing!
|RX required for this item.
Click here for our full Prescription Policy and Form
Consistent, Safe, Simple Treatment For Canine Addison's Disease
PERCORTEN®-V (desoxycorticosterone pivalate) Injectable Suspension is the only medication approved by the FDA* for the treatment of Canine Addison's Disease (hypoadrenocorticism).
Canine Addison's Disease is a condition in which a dog's adrenal glands aren't working properly. Adrenal glands produce chemicals and hormones that help regulate many bodily functions such as metabolism, blood pressure and stress response.
Canine Addison's Disease can be fatal if not treated. However, with proper medical management, including PERCORTEN-V, a dog suffering from Canine Addison's Disease can have a normal life expectancy.
It has been demonstrated that PERCORTEN-V is well tolerated with a low incidence of side effects. In a small percentage of treated dogs, depression, excessive thirst and urination, digestive, skin and coat changes, weakness, and injection site reactions (pain, abscesses) may occur. Some of these effects may resolve with adjustments in dose or interval of PERCORTEN-V or concomitant glucocorticoid adminstration. Do not use in pregnant dogs or in dogs that are suffering from congestive heart disease, severe renal disease, or edema.
*NADA #141-029, Approved by FDA.
- by Novartis
- Used for the treatment of canine addison's disease that is consistent, safe, and simple to use.
- An injectable suspension that is the only medication approved by the FDA for the treatment of Canine Addison's Disease (hypoadrenocorticism).
- Available in 25mg/ml, 4ml vial.