Baytril Injectable 2.27%
- Veterinarian Prescription (Rx) Required
- Free Shipping on orders over $75
- Antibacterial Injectable Solution 2.27% (enrofloxacin)
- For the treatment of susceptible bacterial pathogens in dogs
- 20 mL
|RX required for this item.
Click here for our full Prescription Policy and Form
Baytril® (enrofloxacin) Antibacterial
Designed for the management of bacterial pathogens in dogs, Baytril ® is a broad-spectrum fluoroquinolone. Available in an injectable solution at 2.27% and tablet form.
Enrofloxacin is a synthetic chemotherapeutic agent from the class of the quinolone carboxylic acid derivatives. It has antibacterial activity against a broad spectrum of Gram negative and Gram positive bacteria (See Tables I and II). Each mL of injectable solution contains: enrofloxacin 22.7 mg, n-butyl alcohol 30 mg, potassium hydroxide for pH adjustment and water for injection, q.s.
For the management of diseases in dogs associated with bacteria susceptible to enrofloxacin.
Baytril (enrofloxacin) in urinary tract infections
- Baytril has a broad spectrum of action which covers both Gram-negative and some Gram-positive bacteria. Baytril exhibits rapid bactericidal action in the urinary tract. 1
- Baytril concentrates in the urine via renal excretion, glomerular filtration and active tubular secretion. It also penetrates and reaches several times the serum concentration in the prostate, the mucosal epithelium and the inflamed tissues.2
- Baytril displays excellent renal tolerance and allows effective management of acute or chronic infections of the genito-urinary tract including the prostate.2
Baytril in respiratory infections
- Baytril irreversibly inhibits bacterial gyrase, a key enzyme in bacterial replication, resulting in rapid destruction of the pathogens. Baytril concentrates in tissues, fluids and phagocytic cells of the respiratory system. Its potent bactericidal effect is achieved even at low concentrations.3
- Baytril attains excellent therapeutic concentrations in pulmonary and bronchial tissues, secretions and phagocytic cells. These properties are of great value in the treatment of conditions such as acute and chronic respiratory infections like bronchitis and pneumonia, where the penetration of the antibacterial agent makes the difference in the speed of control of the infections.3,4
Baytril for dermal infections
- Baytril concentrates in inflamed tissue providing high drug levels at the site of infection. It is an excellent antibacterial agent, effective against: Staphylococcus intermedius, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Baytril (enrofloxacin) in urinary tract infections
- Baytril in respiratory infections
- Baytril for dermal infections